As you know different editions of Windows have different features and maybe you want to tap into those features. Well, the good news is you don’t need to reinstall Windows 10 just to get those features. All you have to do is change your Windows 10 Edition with a product key and I’m going to show you how.
*This post may contain affiliate links. We will earn a commission, at no extra cost to you, when you purchase through links on the site. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Change Your Windows Edition With A Product Key.
- Firstly, you’ll have to acquire the product key for which edition you’ll want to change to.
- Once you’ve done that you can then open up the good ol’ settings section, either enter it in the search bar or just open it with the power menu (Win+X Keys).
- Click on Updates and Security.
- Then head on over to the “Activation” Section.
- Select the “change product key” option and you should get something like this:
- Once you enter your Product Key the “upgrade your edition of Windows” box will pop up and then you’ll have to click on “Start”.
- It will begin implementing the new changes on its own so all you have to do is wait for it to finish.
- Once that’s done you can head on over to the “Activation” section again and you should see that your edition has changed to this or whatever edition you wanted.
So, with that you’ve learned how to change your Windows 10 Edition and it should be just as simple for previous versions of Windows as well.
Hope this post was helpful and if you’d like, feel free to browse through the other posts at ComputeeZA:
- Learn how to Fix the Windows Defender Link Error in Four Easy Steps.
- What is Thermal Paste, How to apply it and the different Types of Thermal Paste.
- PC Caught A Virus? What to do and what Antivirus Programs are recommended by ComputeeZA.
Co-Founder of ComputeeZA