Trying to open Windows Defender only to be hit with an error like this?:” You’ll need a new app to open this Windows Defender Link.” (By the way Windows Defender is currently known as Windows Security.)
Well we’re here to fix that in a few easy steps.
*This post may contain affiliate links. We will earn a commission, at no extra cost to you, when you purchase through links on the site. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Fix for Windows Defender Link Error:
- Head over to the search section on the taskbar and search for the Windows Powershell App.
The search section would be a magnifying glass or a wide bar at the bottom of your screen.
- For this step you’ll need to run Windows Powershell as Admin. Right click on it and Run as Administrator and that’s basically it. (Or just click on the section on the right with the left mouse button if you find that the right click is getting too much love).
- Paste this code into Powershell and hit enter (press it gently please don’t hit the keyboard):
Add-AppxPackage -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode “C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppXManifest.xml”
And you should get this:
- Let it run and once that’s done open up Windows Defender and if it worked you’ll see this in all its glory:
Hope this Quick Read helps. Thanks for reading.
If you found this post helpful please take the time to check out the other posts on ComputeeZA like:
- PC Caught a Virus? Install Antivirus Programs liked by ComputeeZA.
- What is Thermal Paste and how to Apply it.
- Want to learn how to Clean your Computer?
Co-Founder Of ComputeeZA